EPAT + Biologics
Game Changing Regenerative MedicineTreatment
The combined therapy of EPAT and Biologics takes Regenerative Medicine to the next level. When done correctly utilizing EPAT /Shockwave therapy in conjunction with safe, pure tissue products can make a significant impact on the healing process and improve the quality of life for patients.
EPAT/Shockwave With Biologic InjectionsTreatment
Common Conditions /Treatment Areas For Combined EPAT/Biologics Treatment
- Large joints (Knee, Hip, Shoulder & Ankle)
- Chronic partial rotator cuff tears
- Persistent partial tendon tears (Tennis Elbow)
- Plantar fasciitis / Bone Spurs
- Quadriceps and patellar tendon tears
- Muscular tears
- Meniscus and cartilage tears
- Intervertebral disc, SI and spinal facet joints
What Are Biologics?
A biopharmaceutical, also known as a biologic medical product, or biologic, is any pharmaceutical drug product manufactured in, extracted from, or semi-synthesized from biological sources.
The following are some types of Biologics that physicians are using in conjunction with EPAT/Shockwave Therapy for Regenerative Medicine:
- Wharton’s Jelly : A tissue product derived from the human umbilical cord
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP): A concentration of a patient’s own platelets
- Bone Marrow Concentrate: Regenerative cells contained within a patient’s own bone marrow
- Amniotic Fluid: Derived from fluid surrounding a fetus in pregnancy.
“Shockwave therapy is really growing because it has the ability to help with the healing process, increase blood flow, opening up the channels that allow the cells to be introduced into whatever you put in that area. It’s a great one-two punch combination. If you can open up the channels with EPAT /Shockwave increasing blood flow to the area kind of starting the inflammatory cascade of healing and then come along with Biologics it is like the perfect storm. We know it works and we know that EPAT/Shockwave therapies have been shown to help stimulate the cells to grow and to heal and help with the healing process, it’s a win, win.”
– Saadiq El-Amin, MD, PHD, Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon, Regenerative Medicine Specialist